Thursday, February 26, 2009

December 2007....Busy, busy, busy

In December of the same year, we received the dreaded dossier packet of requirements. I had been so looking forward to getting started on this monumental task, and when I got it, I literally became nauseated. It seemed so overwhelming and too big of a job, especially when I hadn't gotten my Christmas shopping done yet! After a few days of hyperventilating and a splurge on new Sharpies and manilla folders, I began organizing. Sharpies will calm me every time. I made lists and more lists. Sometimes I put "make a list" on my list so I could cross it off. Anyone who knows me isn't laughing right now. It took us nearly four months to gather, sort, fax, notarize, notarize correctly, certify, re-certify, re-fax, get fingerprinted, fingerprinted, fingerprinted, go to the doctor, get tb tests, get teacher recommendations, oh yeah, more fingerprints, and faxing. Add to that the 10 page mini-bio Dennis and I both had to write about everything from our first family pet to our childhood vacations to our philosophy of discipline. poor typist who had to read those! Finally, April 3rd and to FedEx I went. After a solid hour of copying and sorting, the magic package left Missouri and headed to Virginia....whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment