Sunday, February 22, 2009

Realizations

As an adopted person, I have always known the intimate and sincere meaning behind being "chosen". I have often said in jest that when your parents "hand pick" you, that must mean you are way cool! Living as an adopted child, my parents were the ideal when it came to acknowleding my uniqueness and being open about my past. I have no memory of not knowing where I came from and how I got here. From day one, there has been an honesty and openness that means more to me every day. Although I was only 23 months and have no memory of a former life, I do know enough to say that I am absolutly convinced I am where I am today because a family listened to a call, obeyed with blind faith, and jumped. Thanks mom and dad!

Perhaps few understand the tug that being an orphan can have on a soul as the orphan herself. Although Dennis and I have been blessed with four fabulous children, who are totally self-sufficient mind you, there was just a puzzle piece missing that had been lost somewhere. The picture was so close to being complete. When God has the puzzle waiting for you, he doesn't leave out important pieces. They all work together to make an awesome picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment