Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sundays...

Dennis and I have the privilege of being a part of an awesome church. Our pastor is one of our closest friends. We vacation together as couples, we hang out together, we laugh together and sometimes cry together. This past Sunday, Jeff preached a sermon that God gave Him the day before. We had been in the middle of a series called, "Wake Up!", but Jeff felt God leading him in a different place. Of course, I just knew he changed it for me, but I'm often conceited that way! The gist was this: what do we do when "stuff" comes up that we don't expect? Like sickness, financial problems, work hassles, a loss of a loved one, or not passing court? Do we use these opportunities to impact others? As the Apostle Paul did, do we "preach from our prison?" even if we seemingly have nothing to boast about? I felt such conviction for questioning, shaking my fist, and bemoaning my status. Perhaps, as Jeff said on Sunday, stuff comes up to give us more "weight" in the end to empathize with others in the future. God is good and he knows best. Although this can be a trite and pat answer, I'm seeing the truth in this more every day. Thanks Jeff. We are blessed to call you friend and pastor.

No comments:

Post a Comment