Friday, April 17, 2009

Waiting Again

I haven't posted in a while as we have had a rough month of court drama. Our most recent hearing was April 8th. Again, we did not pass for the fourth time. This time, the judge dismissed our case for the hearing because of logistical reasonings. From what we can gather, the judge had ordered five separate law officials to come to court to testify about Micah's orphancy. The police in his village believed sending three of their people to be adequate. However, the judge got angry that all five didn't show. Consequently, the judge refused to pass us and set a new date for the 29th of April. We are heartbroken, confused, scared, and tired. It has been difficult swallowing the fact that a mistake such as this could prolong Micah's joining our family. Our fear of traveling in May has come to fruition. Among some "important dates" in May are: Kelsay's graduation, end of my school year, Kelsay's graduation party, Dennis' trip back to Togo, Andrew's birthday and other various events. I can admit my reaction was close to mourning as I physically yearned to hold him and bring him home. We seemed so close to be shut down again. It has taken me days for my tears to dry, but I stand in the truth that what He says He will do. Thanks for your continued prayers.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry about your April 8th court date. I am praying for you and believing that God will bring Micah home soon! I understand the frustration of working with the judges, and we have also been rejected many times, but God will work it out! I can't wait to hear that you are bringing him home, and I definitely want to meet hime when he gets here! He's going to have such an awesome family!

    -Bethany Hartzler-

    ReplyDelete