Tuesday, June 2, 2009

We are Making It!!

I (Mary), thought I'd check in now that I've almost recovered from our trip, jetlag, and "new mommy of a baby" fatigue! Dennis has been pretty faithful with posting, but so many have been asking for an update, I wanted to keep those of you who follow our blog updated! I have a horrid habit of being way too windy in my speech, so I'll try to limit myself by giving you our Top Ten Micah Highlights for the week we have had him!
In no particular order...

1. An 8 hour time change on an 8 month old does not bode well for sleeping at the right times. Someone needs to tell him that 4 to 6 am are not prime time, cute, playing times on this continent.

2. I firmly believe that proper nutrition and love can make a baby's hair grow...no joke.

3. If he could speak in sentences, his first words would be, "This car seat thing stinks!"

4. His second sentence might be, "May I have more cereal please??"

5. He is quite adept at climbing the two steps on our hardwood floor up to our dining area...quite a sight for someone so little.

6. His third sentence would be, "And why did you think you would have time to baby proof and put all the cool stuff up high????" What a joke.

7. He has had NO periods of inconsolable crying. I love that. He fusses when he's tired and hungry, or put out with one of us in general!

8. He has had his first vegetables this week and didn't spit out a bite!

9. Today, we go see Dr. Vu, his new pediatrician. Hmm....we'll get back on that one. I met with her before we left and really like her! I'm so anxious to get his current weight.

10. Lastly, he wanted me to tell you how thankful he is that he has such a trendy and abundant wardrobe. So much so that his sisters are coveting a bit. His Granny and sister organized his closet while we were gone and there are no words for the sight. Wow!!

Thanks again for all of your warm wishes, prayers and comments. We continue to lift up ALL who are in the middle of this process, knowing exactly how you feel. Please let us know if you have any travel questions or just need to vent. I'm organizing an ADDIS TRAVEL for BEGINNERS post to summarize what we really used, really needed and wish I hadn't bothered bringing. Thought it may be of some use to you mommies who are wondering!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment