Saturday, March 21, 2009

More waiting...

This school has found me a bit preoccupied with impending baby care! I keep my class updated on all of the latest scoop and share my photos and updates with them. They are almost as excited as we are, but not quite! We have spent this long winter busying ourselves with work, church, the kids and friends. My bff Amanda and our girls threw us a Micah shower recently with several of our close friends. Dennis and Andrew claimed this to be their first "baby shower". We pigged out on great Mexican food, opened presents, and laughed the night away. Not a bad thing at all!

I have been trying to limit my "Micah buying", although difficult. The kids and I occasionally submit to impulse and find ourselves in line with a cute outfit or too...how can we not? Some of my close friends from school threw us a shower yesterday and we got TONS of great stuff...clothes, toys, diapers, books, sunhats, photo albums, etc. The best part about our time is that my school friends also bought donations for the Transition Home. Dennis packed them up yesterday and it came in at a whopping 49.6 pounds!! That's cutting it close! Each bag can weigh 50 pounds!! We still have some more stuff to try to stuff in our personal bags to get there. I absolutely can't wait to share all of the great items with them!

Court is in 3 days.....

No comments:

Post a Comment