Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Waiting...still!

Our Christmas was relaxing and full of "sleeping in" mornings. I personally believe there is nothing better. That's half the reason I became a teacher...HA! Dennis and I had originally held out hope that we would hear something about a referral by the end of year and 2008 ended with no call. I suppose inside I had prepared for it, but I was still sad nonetheless. Every month that went by reminded me of a few truths:
*More families are turning to Ethiopia as an adoption choice
*This is a good, good thing for the millions of orphaned children there
*This will extend our wait time substantially...from 5-6 months to 8-10 months we were told
*God's timing is not mine...and it's way better
*I'm impatient most of the time
*I have the greatest family in the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment