Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Turning 40...

January 2009 was the biggie around here. Dennis and I both had birthdays, he 39 and me, woefully, 40. Among the greatest of birthday gifts I received came early: January 5th. REFERRAL MONDAY!!! The most incredible things happen when you pray. On this particular day, I had asked two friends from school to pray "specifically" that today would be the day we would hear. I knew time was running out on our homestudy and that each week that went by without a referral would mean lots of work down the road. I knew that Virginia was an hour ahead of us so I had no preparation when the phone rang at five o"clock our time...six theres. I had dreamed countless times what I would do when I saw America World on the caller ID...none of my dreams came close! Now he had a face and a name! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment